Finding your way around the hospital
Hospitals can be confusing places to get around. Where you need to go will always be written on your appointment letter. Don’t worry though if you get here and aren’t sure where to go next, there will always be someone to point you in the right direction. You can find staff at the main reception desk or our Hospital Volunteers in the main foyer. Of course hospital staff are also always happy to point you in the right direction, so please feel free to ask if you need any help.
The following is an A -Z List of the locations where all our hospital appointments take place.
- Acute Gynaecology Clinic – Ward 6 – Third Floor, Main Hospital
- Antenatal Clinic – Ground Floor, Main Hospital
- Clinical Genetics Outpatients – 3rd Floor, Norton Court, located in the building behind
Birmingham Women’s Hospital
- Colposcopy Clinic – Third Floor, Main Hospital
- Diabetic Assessment Clinic (GTT) – Third Floor, Main Hospital
- Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit – Ward 6 – Third Floor, Main Hospital
- Extended Gynaecology Recovery Unit – Ground Floor, Main Hospital
- Fertility Centre – Second Floor, Main Hospital
- Fetal Medicine – Ground Floor, located within Antenatal Clinic, Main Hospital
- Gynaecology Outpatients – Ground Floor, Main Hospital
- Hysteroscopy/One Stop Clinic – Third Floor, Main Hospital
- Radiology – for Ultrasound Scans and X- Rays – Ground Floor
- Pre-Operative Assessment – Ward 2 – First Floor, Main Hospital
- Physiotherapy – Fourth Floor, Main Hospital
- Urogynaecology/Blood Tests for Urogynaecology – Ward 2 – First Floor, Main Hospital
Mobile Phones and internet access
- You can use your mobile phone in most areas of the hospital. In wards where there is equipment that might be affected by your phone, there will be notices asking you to switch it off.
- Remember that if you are also bringing in a phone charger, it will need to be checked by our electricians before you use it.
- You can also access the internet using our free service by …..
Food & drink
All our food and drink is carefully prepared on site. Our healthy menu caters for all diets and changes daily. It is our priority to provide good quality food in the best environment and we have been awarded a rating of five from the Food Standards Agency since 2013. This is the highest rating awarded for food hygiene.