Spiritual and religious care is an integral part of any community ; chaplains are available at the Women’s Hospital to support people through times of distress, anguish, stress , illness and bereavement.
Our chaplains support individuals and families who have experienced baby loss . We also work very closely with the Bereavement Department to provide annual baby memorial services where parents and families can remember their babies in a formal service of remembrance.
The Chaplaincy service offers care and support to people of all religious beliefs and those of no particular belief at all…
At the Birmingham Women’s Hospital we offer a very diverse and comprehensive service. We have a team of paid and volunteer chaplains and visitors who are trained and experienced in pastoral, spiritual, religous care and counsel.
Currently the team comprises of:
- A Church of England Chaplain – Revd Denise Jones
- Roman Catholic Chaplain – Sister Maryann Nwaiwu
- A team of Roman Catholic Chaplains – supported by Father Jeremy Howard
- A Muslim female chaplain – Rehanah Sadiq
- Assistant Muslim chaplain – Mobeen Shairbano
- A male Muslim Chaplain – AKM Karazzaman
- An Honorary Sikh Chaplain Parkash Sohal
- A Jewish Bank Chaplain -Margaret Jacoby.
We also have an excellent team of volunteer visitors.
If you would like support prayers or just a listening ear please do not hesitate to contact the chaplaincy office.
With every blessing to you all.
Revd Denise Jones